Family Friendly Restaurants

It is never easy to find the right combination of good food, clean, fun atmosphere for the kids and acceptance of the occasional spill or mess after a visit. Not wanting to resort to pizza, hamburgers and chicken nuggets each time we went out to eat, I started paying attention to which restaurants fulfilled my four criteria. Here is my list. Most of them are chains but I would happily add local restaurants if they had the right combination as well. Please let me know which ones I am missing!


Elephant Bar

Olive Garden

Applebees

Chilis

Market Broiler in Fremont

Sweet Tomatoes/Fresh Choice

Kensington Circus in Kensington: Friendly neighborhood pub with all important play are in the back of the room. 389 Colusa Ave., Kensington, 510-524-8814

Pasta Pomodoro in El Cerrito, Oakland, Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Santana Row - San Jose

Red Tractor Cafe in Dublin: the tractor and farm animal decor is a big draw for the kids with healthy and fresh food that is important to the parents. Lots of children's artwork is hanging all over the walls. 4920 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, 925-828-8300, http://www.redtractor.com/

No comments: