Tip of the Month - 1/1/07 : Winkflash.com

Since we are starting a new year today, I decided I would add a "Tip of the Month" section to start the new year off right! If you are like me, you have tons of pictures in your computer and fewer and fewer in print. "When I get around to it, I will transfer them to CDs and print out the good ones" is what I used to think and say. However, I recently had a friend who had a computer technician working on her computer and lost everything on her hard drive! What a nightmare! She asked all of her friends to send her back the pictures she had forwarded on to us for various celebrations, milestones and just everyday fun pictures. Unfortunately, most of us did not have them saved to send back to her.

Lesson Learned - save your pictures on a web site so that you are not putting all your "pictures in one basket". There are many sites that allow you to upload your pictures. However, many of them allow them on their site for only a certain period of time (usually 3-6 months). Winkflash.com allows you to store your pictures for free for an unlimited period of time. What a relief! Now, you can store them and not worry about lost memories at the hands of an evil computer technician!

No comments: